Fundamentally this course is designed for paddlers and coaches irrespective of their chosen craft, or as may be the case for coaches, as either a boat based or bank based Coach. The objective is to teach simple and safe skills that can be applied appropriately.
The course aims to provide the participant with the key safety and rescue skills required to operate safely and to be able to deal with common emergencies.
These skills will then form the basis of all safety and rescue training throughout the BC scheme.
The award has two purposes:
- To provide the paddler, boat based or bank based Coach with the necessary skills to enable them to ensure the safety of themselves and others
- To provide the paddler, boat based or bank based Coach with the appropriate rescue skills to be used to help themselves and/or others in difficulty
- Due to the paddling environment and the boat control required the candidate paddler or boat based coach would need to either to hold the Two Star Award or be of that ability
- The bank based coach accessing the course would not be required to hold the two Star Award, however, they should be prepared to fully participate in all relevant aspects of the course
- Be able to swim in normal canoeing clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
- A first aid certificate is not a pre-requisite; however the holding of a first aid certificate is strongly recommended for all paddlers
- Be of a minimum age of 14 years
- As a British Canoeing Course – up to date BC membership is required
Equipment: The following is a list of recommended equipment required for the participant in this course to have.
- Towline or Tow System
We can provide all of the above and also:
- Spray decks
- Only £90pp
For More Information Please Visit: British Canoeing – BC Foundation Safety and Rescue Training (FSRT)
There are limited places on this course! To book your place please use our online booking system, any questions please don't hesitate to call on 01600 890027.